Assiniboine Valley Recreation has a wide variety of ongoing programs that cycle throughout each year. Below are the Events and Programs being offered by Assiniboine Valley Recreation. If you'd like to sign up for any programs, or would like more information, please contact Amy Tweet at (204)-773-2422 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Assiniboine Valley Recreation: Upcoming events/classes
Hunter Safety September 16, 2023 Class Fees $65 & PAL Course September 17, 2023 Class Fee $100
STEP 2 : Free program for preschool age children and their grown up. They meet the first Tuesday of every month from 9:30-11:30 starting in October in the Bunge Room at the Russell Memorial Multiplex
Healthy Baby Program (PMH): Free program for expecting parents and their babies up to age 1. They meet the 3rd Wednesday of every month, ongoing, from 10:15-12:15 up in the Bunge Room at the Russell Memorial Multiplex.
Public Skating: Free, every Tuesday morning from 9:30-10:30am at the Russell Memorial Multiplex.
Assiniboine Valley Recreation: Programs
Pickleball: All levels, no experience needed! Age 12 and up! We have racquets and balls to use, located at the George P. Buleziuk Centre (106 Shell River Ave S) Cost is $5.
- Monday evenings from 7:00 PM - 9:00 PM.
- Thursday mornings from 9:00 AM - 11:00 AM
- Thursday evenings from 7:00 PM - 9:00 PM.
Badminton: All skill levels welcome! Racquets and birdies provided! This is FREE for the summer! located at the George P. Buleziuk Centre (106 Shell River Ave S). Ages 12 and up or younger if accompanied by an adult!
- Monday afternoons from 3:30 PM - 5:00 PM
- Thursday evenings from 7:00 PM - 9:00 PM
Roller Hockey: Helmet and gloves required as well as your own stick and clean roller blades. This is also FREE for the summer! Ages 8 and up!
- Tuesdays afternoons from 3:30 PM - 5:00 PM
- Thursday afternoons from 3:30 PM - 5:00 PM
Adults and Tots! Wednesday and Friday mornings upstairs in the Bunge Room of the Russell Memorial Multiplex (Main St entrance) This is a FREE program for kids and their grown-ups. It is an “open gym” type setting, where kids 5 and under can come and play on the Gym Kids equipment while being supervised by their grown-up. All welcome.
- Wednesday mornings from 9:30 AM - 11:30 AM
- Friday mornings from 9:30 AM - 11:30 AM
Spin Classes! Spin classes are on-going in the Bunge Room on Tuesday and Thursday mornings at 6:30 AM. You can inquire about Spin Classes and bike availability through AVR.
- Tuesday mornings at 6:30 AM
- Thursday mornings at 6:30 AM
Any questions about the above programs can be directed to Amy Tweet at (204)-821-8285 or (204)-773-2422 or email Amy at email@example.com
Gym Kids Program
Mission Statement: To encourage and teach children the many benefits of gymnastics as well as provide the building blocks for a healthy active lifestyle in a fun, positive, and safe environment.
About the Program: This program emphasizes fun, over-all fitness and fundamental gymnastics skills. The skills and activities are presented in an easy-to-understand fashion through various teaching aids, fun props, rock wall, ninja equipment, and obstacle courses. It incorporates fitness activities such as stretching, gymnastics, strength, gross motor skills, sports skills, balance, and agility. Classes help develop self esteem through positive association with exercise.
Parent Tot: (18 months to 3 years old) This class is designed for small children to participate with their grown up. It is designed to introduce kids and their grown-ups to the gym atmosphere! There are obstacle courses for exploring, climbing, rolling, jumping, sliding, and swinging!
Tumble Tots: (3-4 years old) This class is for kids who are ready to break away from their grown-ups and begin to explore on their own! Children must be potty trained and ready to attend class without a parent. This class includes group warm-up, body positions, small circuits & obstacle courses on various pieces of equipment, skill building and fun!
Tumble Kids: (5-6 years old) This class will build upon the previous class to further kids skill and fitness level. Circuits get longer and more challenging, while maintaining a positive, fun and safe environment!
Tumble Kids 2: (7-9 years old) This is for kids ready to expand on previous skills and up for a challenge!
- All classes will have a gymnastics base, using balance beams, bars, mats, trampoline, monkey bars, ninja equipment, rock wall and various other equipment. All equipment is designed for younger athletes and meets all safety standards.
If you'd like to sign up or have any questions about Gym Kids please contact Amy Tweet at (204)-821-8285 or (204)-773-2422 or email Amy at firstname.lastname@example.org
Assiniboine Valley Recreation Birthday Parties
AVR offers birthday parties upstairs at the Russell Memorial Multiplex in the Bunge Room, located through the Main Street entrance in Russell. The parties are in two-hour time slots. There are tables and chairs for snacks and cake. There are two types of parties offered for kids up to age 10. The cost is $100.
1. Obstacle Course Birthday Parties! These parties consist of various obstacle courses, that change as the party progresses. The courses consist of bars, beams, slides, tunnels, rock wall, ninja equipment, monkey bars, hoops, and inclines. The party is centered around the birthday boy/girl and their preferences.
2. Nerf Battle Parties! We have 800 darts, safety glasses, and plenty of nerf guns! Party goers are allowed to bring their own guns if they are labeled, but please leave darts at home. We start the party with an obstacle course filled with targets to practice shooting at. After that, we pile the equipment in the middle, make our teams, build our “forts” using the equipment, and finally, we battle!
- You may bring food & drink up to the room, but food must stay by the tables and NOT on the equipment.
- Max number of kids is 12 (this does not include adults or siblings)
- No outdoor shoes allowed up in the Bunge Room, bare feet are actually best on the equipment (socks can be slippery)
If you'd like to schedule a birthday party or have any questions please contact Amy Tweet at (204)-821-8285 or (204)-773-2422 or email Amy at email@example.com