*NEW* OSS Garbage Collection
Effective February 1st, 2022, all residential single family dwelling garbage pickup will be off the front street. Back lane pickup will no longer be provided.
The garbage collection schedules are Mondays opposite recycling pickup.
Russell North - All residents NORTH of Russell Street
Russell South - All residents SOUTH of Russell Street
Use your Grey Garbage Cart for the Storage and collection of approved waste materials only.
- Do not pack materials too tightly.
- Wheel out your cart with its lid closed. You must be able to close the lid without packing the cart too tightly, otherwise the emptying of the cart will be more difficult.
- Place the cart roadside by 6:00 a.m. on collection day. Waste collection day won't change, but the collection time might, so please be sure to have your cart out by 6:00 a.m.
- Return the empty cart to your property by the end of the day.
- Do not remove cart from it's assigned address.
- DO NOT PAINT OR WRITE ON THE CART
- Inform the Municipality of any damage, vandalism or theft of the cart. It is important to note the serial number stamped on the cart placed at your residence.
All residential garbage should be on the front street by 6:00 a.m. on the appropriate day in order to ensure pickup. Garbage not at the proper location, by 6:00 a.m. will not be picked up.
We would like to remind all residents of the following the regarding garbage collection;
Garbage is to be contained in the provided OSS Grey Garbage Cart.
- Only bagged household garbage in a container will be picked up. All other items (metal, yard waste, etc.) will be picked up during spring clean up week.
- Residents will be responsible to take their own non-household garbage to the nuisance grounds during nuisance grounds operating hours.
- All garbage must be placed at the curb prior to 6:00 A.M. on the day of pickup for your location.
- All garbage not in the appropriate spot at 6:00 A.M. may not be picked up until the following scheduled garbage collection day.