The Russell & District Community Centre was built in 1998 by community minded members. In 2008 it was renamed, in memory of the late George P. Buleziuk, as the George P. Buleziuk Community Centre.
When planning a wedding, conference, social or concert the George P. Buleziuk Community Centre, located at 106 Shell River Avenue South, is an excellent venue for your event. The spacious foyer and coat-room welcome visitors upon entering.
- The Joan Robert Auditorium (Main Hall) can seat up to 600 people. Round and Rectangular tables are an option.
- The Stage in the main hall is full curtained. There is a modern sound system and stage lights suitable for concerts, choirs, dance groups or theaters. (Risers are available if required.)
- The Two Dressing Rooms, off the stage, has access to the back entrance of washrooms if needed.
- The Kitchen is modern with plating needs to set up for 500 guests. There is a walk-in-cooler, warming ovens, gas stove, and commercial dishwasher.
- The Meeting Room can hold up to 100 people and has access to the kitchen and bar.
- The Bar also has a large capacity ice making machine and access to the walk-in-cooler, and access to kitchen and main hall.
To request a hall booking, please contact Mervin at
GPB - Main Hall
GPB - Meeting Room