Find below the current Career Postings for the Municipality of Russell Binscarth.
Relief Water Treatment Plant Operator
Under the direction of the Primary Water Treatment Plant Operator, the Primary Relief Water Treatment Operator is responsible for the production of safe, potable drinking water for the Municipality of Russell Binscarth. The Primary Relief Operator is responsible for ensuring the efficient operation of the water treatment plants in Binscarth and Russell specifically performing the duties identified in the operations handbook for the specific plant in each community.
The Primary Relief Water Treatment Plant Operator is responsible to provide coverage during regular scheduled times for the Primary Water Treatment Plant Operator.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Daily visual inspection of the plant to ensure filters, pumps, etc. are operating correctly.
- Collection of water samples from a variety of sources from within the water treatment plant including:
- Incoming raw well water
- Water from the reactor tank
- Water after filtration process
- Water after treatment to be placed into distribution system
- Determination of daily chemical requirements.
- Calculation and addition of chlorine needed by water treatment system.
- Calculation and addition of fluoride as required.
- Analyze water samples collected from various sources within the water treatment plant for acceptable levels of:
- Chlorine Content
- Fluoride Content
- Iron Content
- and from those test results determine the need to re-calibrate various functions within the water treatment plant to ensure production of high quality water.
- Record all results in the database.
- Ensure accurate completion of all forms and submission of all reports required by various provincial government agencies in the time lines stipulated by the agencies.
- Repair, upkeep and provide routine maintenance to pumps, motors, valves and other mechanical components within the water treatment plant.
- Wash, mop, dust and sweep the entire facility as needed to ensure a clean, safe working environment.
- Accept delivery of and store all chemicals delivered to the water treatment plant
- The water plant operator will also be responsible for monitoring the operation of the water source by performing the following;
- Weekly inspection of pumps, facility’s and valves for operation and security breach at both the well site and along the pipeline from the well site to the water plant.
- Maintenance of all mechanical equipment at the well site and along the pipeline.
- The water plant operator will take bi-weekly samples as per the operating manual for submission to a provincially approved laboratory.
- The water plant operator will be responsible for minor maintenance and weekly cleaning of the Town of Russell lift station including:
- Washing of lift station sump pit
- Visual and hearing inspection regarding operation of pumps and other mechanical equipment at the lift station site.
- Inspection for unusual visual problems such as leaks, inappropriate materials, inappropriate levels, etc.
- Recording of the hours of usage of each pump.
- To maintain a safe work environment. To ensure the work environment complies with Workplace Safety and Health standards and government regulations.
- To deal with the public in a courteous, respectful manner.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Maintain positive and professional relationships
- Sound organizational skills required
- Ability to apply critical thinking skills in problem solving
- High degree of tact, diplomacy and professionalism
- Ability to schedule and manage employee workloads efficiently
- Skills related to the supervision of employees
- Current legislation (Office of Drinking Water, Conservation, workplace safety & health, employment standards, etc.).
- Proficiency in MS Office Computer Software such as Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Grade 12
- Manitoba Water Treatment Plant Operator Class II Certification
- Minimum Class 5 Province of Manitoba Driver’s License
- Other combinations of education and experience will be considered.
Interested individuals should submit a cover letter and resume in person or by mail / email to:
Municipality of Russell Binscarth
Box 10, 178 Main St. N.
Russell, MB. ROJ 1WO
RE: Relief Water Treatment Operator